Your guide to acquiring good tastes in life.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introducing Amatuer Reviews

Dear friends, 

I will start this blog by stating why i chose to start by addressing all of you readers "friends". 
First and foremost, let me introduce myself as a lonely guy who is currently in desperate need of friends. Don't get me wrong, I am not a psycho living all alone in a dodgy motel who pretends to be his dead mother after killing her in cold blood. I am also not some geeky nerd who spends his time making millions of money every day just by sitting in front of the computer 24/7. 
I am in fact, an average person who wakes up every day feeling miserable on how lonely life can be without hordes of fans hungry to hear every single detail of my less than ordinary life through twitter or facebook status update. I am just your regular guy who works from 8 to 5 and goes home at the end of the day, sit in front of the TV after dinner and doze off only to wake up again every morning to the same mundane life. I am just like you unless you happen to be a celebrity which makes you unlikely to be my friend because celebrities don't have regular friends, they have celebrity friends and sadly i am not one of them. I plan to link this blog to my facebook wall and most people who visit my wall or give notice to any of my status update are my friends. Therefore, it is only logical to address all of you as my friends since that is exactly what you are, my friends. Hopefully, for the next few years i can get more friends by being friends with your friends and their friends and that's how you get the whole world to become your friend just by signing in to facebook everyday.

Enough idle chatter, lets get down to business. This blog is part of my new year's resolution and a form of therapy to lift myself up from the deepest chasm of depression which stems from:
  1.  Being unpopular. I am one of those guys on facebook who is desperate enough to add complete strangers to my friend list. I hardly get any friend request and to add friends i simply go through my other friend's list and start sending random request to people i hardly know. Hopefully, by writing in this blog, more people would be interested to know me, be my friends and introduce their friends as my friends and we can all be part of a huge community of friends in this massive unfriendly world.
  2. Being talented but having no means to show off my talent. I am that desperate to claim that I am a talented person. I think i am a good writer but being in this country i don't think I can survive on writing alone. I don't think  at any point in time i can get any of my works published and get people to spend their hard earned cash on something i write. I also think i can be a very good director and given the right resources i can make one helluva great movie. I  think i have a fairly decent voice but i don't think i will try out for any talent shows on TV in the near future. I'm too old for that anyway, way pass the qualification age. I can cook very well, i didn't say this myself but most people fortunate enough to taste my cooking says so, so i choose to believe them. However, i am still not sure that people would actually pay money to eat what i cook. I can also take pretty nice pictures with my digital camera but too lazy to learn photoshop to turn my any of the photos i took into serious artwork (please refer to the picture posted below and decide for yourself) . In a way, this blog allows me to present some of my talents free of charge since i won't be getting a single cent from what you see here.
  3. Being a snob. I am a snob but not as bad a snob as some of my friends. I am blessed with good taste in things I like and this happens as a result of opening myself to various tastes and possibilities and through calculated decisions decide on a practical and very real system of classifying things as great, good, OK but could have been better, bad but can be improved or a total lost cause. I try to not be over-analyzing, seeing the positive sides before the negative but sometimes my expectation are just too high and everything just seems so disappointing. Most of the time, people just call me a snob, hate me and call me names but that's part of the trials and tribulations of being blessed with extremely good taste. I find it hard to find a fellow snob who can agree with you on most things since that's part of what being a snob is all about: disagreeing on most things which are generally agreeable since being a snob provides you with the privilege of finding ways to disagree with everything everyone else agrees on. It is my hope to find more fellow snobs so that we can argue and hate each other but once in a while come to a consensus on something and save everyone else with lesser taste the trouble of deciding whether something is worth venturing into. 
I am still wondering why i have to come up with all these reasons why i should write in my own blog but i guess the real reason why i'm doing this is to plead my case and hopefully someone will hear it out and find it strong enough to continue reading my next posts.

Till then. XOXO.

Signed. 
Mr. Jey (self-professed depressive, narcissistic and mostly pessimistic regular guy living next door to you and newly elected (by my dear friend Raja Syahrin Najmi) consultant psychologist specializing in break ups and depressive matters). 






6 comments:

  1. hi nicole richie..i paris hilton *gtuhhh
    glad u have re started writing. hope ur blog will be filled with meroyan,happiness,ups and downs..no matter what,ill be visiting it regularly and try my best to add some spices. *voleyy. tetaps nak amik limelight u kann J..hahahahahaahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. jimmy: thanx for reading, you are always my loyal reader, jangan lupa komen banyak2, dah lama tak mengarang, so berkarat la skit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. su: tak layu lagi tengah kembang elok tu

    ReplyDelete
  4. aku suka snobs. beb u need to watch high fidelity la.

    "We're called Sonic Death Monkey. That's what we want. Reaction. And if Laura's bourgeois lawyer friends can't take it, then fuck 'em. Let 'em riot, we can handle it. We'll be ready" - Barry of High Fidelity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.Congrats Doc sebab dah ada Blogs.Boleh ka bukak clinic for depression.Tengah depress ni.huhuhuh

    ReplyDelete